No account yet? Register
Come back soon!
RSS 1.0
RSS 2.0
Play Like The Pros
VT Sports on YouTube
VTSN Community
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:America East Tournament Pairings (1 viewing) (1) Guests
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:America East Tournament Pairings
alllenk_007 (User)
6th Man
graphgraph
User OfflineClick here to see the profile of this user
Re:America East Tournament Pairings 5 Days, 3 Hours ago Karma: 0  
49% is pitiful! I've said it before I'll say it again, they simply cannot leave that many points on the line especially in close games like this as if that is not too obvious!

Report to moderator   LoggedLogged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
MaineReds44 (User)
Bench Warmer
graphgraph
Re:America East Tournament Pairings 5 Days, 3 Hours ago Karma: 0  
No complaints by me... The Cats had a good season, but didn't play well today and lost once again due to poor free throw shooting. You can't shoot 16-33 from the line which is 48% and expect to win tournament games! It's unfortunate with this team that we can't win close games, it's gotta be mental!

uvmbball (User)
Role Player
graphgraph
Gender: MaleLocation: Huntington, VermontBirthdate: 1992-05-30
Re:America East Tournament Pairings 5 Days, 3 Hours ago Karma: 1  
one word....

Devastating

Big Rigg
Cooper (Admin)
Admin
graphgraph
Re:America East Tournament Pairings 5 Days, 3 Hours ago Karma: 5  
tough loss. glad it was NOT Lonergan's fault. They had a bunch of opportunities to seal it.

Cooper
HardCats (User)
You think you Hard? You ain't HardCats!
Role Player
graphgraph
Re:America East Tournament Pairings 5 Days, 3 Hours ago Karma: -1  
quite frankly i dont care whose fault it is but why cnt ml get his team to wn big games?? why? shiiiiit

bye trimboli
bye c mac
bye dean
bye shields

i think we need lotsa changes next season.

BaltimoreCatFan (User)
Bench Warmer
graphgraph
Re:America East Tournament Pairings 5 Days, 3 Hours ago Karma: 1  
I am not going to bash anyone, just state the obvious....Trimboli had a helluva' career at UVM, however "clutch", he was not. I realize that he was sick all week and didn't have the proper week of preparation. But, I was really rooting for him to silence the demons (that he's not clutch in the big game) that have haunted his otherwise great career at Vermont. But, unfortunately all today did was stamp his "unclutch" reputation.

I'm not saying it was all Mike's fault today, as the team as a whole didn't step up (in too many ways to list here), but to have the game in his hands numerous times down the stretch of regulation, only to have him choke each and every time, is hard to imagine.

HardCats (User)
You think you Hard? You ain't HardCats!
Role Player
graphgraph
Re:America East Tournament Pairings 5 Days, 3 Hours ago Karma: -1  
who will be our tuff and mentaly strong leader next yearr? we cant be so soft

Preston (Admin)
VT Sports Network - Your Sports Site!
Admin
graph
User Online NowClick here to see the profile of this user
Gender: MaleVermont Sports Network pjungerprestonjungerprestouvmLocation: New York, NYBirthdate: 1978-12-01
Re:America East Tournament Pairings 5 Days, 3 Hours ago Karma: 9  
Very tough loss for the team and especially Colin and Mike. I know they wanted it so bad, but it just didn't work out.

Very solid season though and unfortunately an earlier exit than planned.

There's always next season Cats fans!

Good job this season ML and staff. Keep fighting the fight.

Want us to cover a team or story? Got a lead? Want to work with Vermont Sports Network and help grow the site? Email me at: [email protected].
vermonterp (User)
Role Player
graphgraph
Re:America East Tournament Pairings 5 Days, 2 Hours ago Karma: 0  
Preston wrote:
Very tough loss for the team and especially Colin and Mike. I know they wanted it so bad, but it just didn't work out.

Very solid season though and unfortunately an earlier exit than planned.

There's always next season Cats fans!

Good job this season ML and staff. Keep fighting the fight.

I agree. Next season will be a good season despite the loss of CMac and Mike...but I feel like today we had already lost him. He wasn't himself- maybe it was the illness, maybe not, but he had to come up big and didn't. The foul shooting killed us, and Blakely losing the ball was key too. I couldn't see the game due to the video feed not working, but from the audio all I could feel was CMac playing like he wanted to wear the green and gold a few more games. I wish he'd played like this all year and longer.

I absolutely hated the idea of playing UA in the tournament at UA to begin with. Horrible officiating. My suspicions as a Maryland fan who has watched far too many ACC tournaments played in North Carolina were proven true here- home cooking. I know the conference isn't rich like the ACC or Big East but they really need to get the tournament off campuses. Keep the championship on campus, but there is no reason a 7 seed should have the advantage in a first round game. None. If the MAAC (Times Union Center, Albany) and CAA (Richmond Coliseum) can do it, so can the America East. Yes, there's still advantage to teams like UNC/Duke/Wake/NC State (ACC), St John's (Big East), Siena (MAAC) or VCU (CAA) in those arenas, but at least it's not on campus.

May Binghamton lose.

Last Edit: 2009/03/07 15:43 By vermonterp.
vtjuice (User)
Bench Warmer
graphgraph
Re:America East Tournament Pairings 5 Days, 2 Hours ago Karma: 0  
When a tough loss happens, it is always easy to bash the coach. I think ML did a great job this year and has done a great job during his tenure at UVM. Look at the recuriting and the national image that UVM has achieved for its mens bball program. This one hurts and will hurt for awhile. A coach can draw up plays but players need to make plays and make shots. Coaches can't shoot the ball. Clearly, free throw shooting was the difference in this game. One can argue about the execution in crunch time but the guys played their hearts out to come back in a very hostile environment. Yes, it was a little unfair to play Albany on thier home court. But it is what it is.
UVm had their chances to win the game and didn't take advantage. However, the future is bright and I am confident UVM will be the favorite team next year in the AE. We will miss Mike, Cmac and the other seniors. But next year will be here beofre you know it. its time to get back to work Maybe lots of freethrow shooting! Great year guys! Keep your head up!

Go to top Post Reply