No account yet? Register
Come back soon!
RSS 1.0
RSS 2.0
Play Like The Pros
VT Sports on YouTube
VTSN Community
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
UVM Men's Hoops - 2009-2010 Season (1 viewing) (1) Guests
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: UVM Men's Hoops - 2009-2010 Season
Preston (Admin)
VT Sports Network - Your Sports Site!
Admin
graph
User Online NowClick here to see the profile of this user
Gender: MaleVermont Sports Network pjungerprestonjungerprestouvmLocation: New York, NYBirthdate: 1978-12-01
UVM Men's Hoops - 2009-2010 Season 4 Days, 21 Hours ago Karma: 9  
I mentioned I would start this thread so all of you Cats fans can discuss the players gone, the players coming in and generally your thoughts on how the team needs to come together next year to build on our 23 win season and be even better.

Please chime in... (Keep your heads up. It will be okay)

Report to moderator   LoggedLogged  

Want us to cover a team or story? Got a lead? Want to work with Vermont Sports Network and help grow the site? Email me at: [email protected].
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Preston (Admin)
VT Sports Network - Your Sports Site!
Admin
graph
User Online NowClick here to see the profile of this user
Gender: MaleVermont Sports Network pjungerprestonjungerprestouvmLocation: New York, NYBirthdate: 1978-12-01
Re:UVM Men's Hoops - 2009-2010 Season 4 Days, 20 Hours ago Karma: 9  
PS - Take a look at the new advertiser to the left...

Want us to cover a team or story? Got a lead? Want to work with Vermont Sports Network and help grow the site? Email me at: [email protected].
JPCatamounts (Admin)
Admin
graphgraph
User OfflineClick here to see the profile of this user
Gender: MaleLocation: JAPAN/Burlington VTBirthdate: 1981-05-18
Re:UVM Men's Hoops - 2009-2010 Season 4 Days, 20 Hours ago Karma: 5  
Preston wrote:
PS - Take a look at the new advertiser to the left...

Theo leaving the team ,already!
haha,
I am no respect BINGHAMTON but
Go Binghamton!

Never graduate Catamaniacs!

Section1 (User)
Bench Warmer
graphgraph
Re:UVM Men's Hoops - 2009-2010 Season 4 Days, 19 Hours ago Karma: 0  
The energy will still be there and Mojo and MB will be fired up for next year.

Nick V. will be a leader with the void left with Mike T leaving.

Fjield will be able to fill the role of Co-Mac and can really flourish from inside the key and just outside the free throw line.

The pieces are there to again dominate with the incoming class and their projected talent.

JPCatamounts (Admin)
Admin
graphgraph
Gender: MaleLocation: JAPAN/Burlington VTBirthdate: 1981-05-18
Re:UVM Men's Hoops - 2009-2010 Season 4 Days, 19 Hours ago Karma: 5  
Vier,Blakely,Fjeld,Garvey,Clarke
my starting 5 in 09-10.

Never graduate Catamaniacs!

Section1 (User)
Bench Warmer
graphgraph
Re:UVM Men's Hoops - 2009-2010 Season 4 Days, 19 Hours ago Karma: 0  
You have my vote JP as well.

Mojo off the bench still with his energy and shooting to change the game.

Fjeld, Clarke and Young to take the skills to the next level.

ShaneBufano (User)
Bench Warmer
graphgraph
Re:UVM Men's Hoops - 2009-2010 Season 4 Days, 18 Hours ago Karma: 0  
I am going to bring up something that doesn't really belong in this forum but was mentioned in another one, and maybe someone with a bit more knowledge into these things can answer my question...for this I apologize in advance..

In another forum topic we have discussed (which I agree with) that we should have the America East Tournament off of campus sites. Many conferences do them at close by pro arenas, civic centers, or "square gardens,"...Looking in the area for AEast teams at a place that is central, it would be hard to find one of those kind of places. The Times Union Center would be good but the MAAC occupies it during tournament time...what other suggestions do people think could be good places or are there a lot that I don't know about (Glen Falls Civic Center??...too small)

I recently was at UMass Amherst randomly watching a game between Duquesne and the Minutemen and ass I was sitting in the Mullins Center I thought, "This is pretty central and is a nice arena, we could pay UMass to have it here" (I want to play UMass next year by the way. I think this would be a good nonconference game, plus they have MMU's own Matt Glass who had a great game while I was there 4/5 from 3 point land)...

Thinking about it, there are many A10 teams or other bigger conference schools in the area of America East schools. Many of these schools have mid sized arenas that hold between 5000-12000 capacity. Is this a viable option to have the America East tournament on campus sites that do not belong to our conference or am I just blowing smoke?Comments??

Addition_By_Subtraction (User)
Bench Warmer
graphgraph
Re:UVM Men's Hoops - 2009-2010 Season 4 Days, 13 Hours ago Karma: 0  
I just believe that America East does it a little "backwards" then what they should do. I think a better way to do the conference tournament is to host the first round at campus sites, then the Semi-Finals and Finals at a neutral location. the 8-9 game should be played at the campus of the #1 seed, since the winner of that game will be taking on the top seed in the quarter-finals. You play that game this weekend, and then the semis and finals Friday night/Saturday night the following weekend. I believe that the tournament should be held at Agganis Arena.

I know it's BU's "home" court, but there is a reason for it.

1) It's easy for all schools to travel to Boston through various means.

2) BU doesn't play basketball in Agganis that often. They get a bit embarassed at their less than 1,000 attendance at basketball games. It's the least "home court" home advantage in the league.

3) The facility is large, modern, and located on the T so, it's easy to get to wherever one may choose to lodge. Also, very convenient for alumni functions in the immediate area.

Anyway, that would be my solution to the America East tournament. Shouldn't the league want to have it's top-4 seeds in the semis? I would think that makes more sense than the home-court for the finals. I get that logic, but I think it would be better for the league as a whole to encourage the top seeds to make the NCAAs in regards to relative strength and RPI.

Now, back to the original subject. The lineup next year will be a bit undersized. I think you give Vier the point guard duties, but with the understanding that he is not a shoot-first option. I believe the departed points from Trimboli and Mac can be made up through MoJo, Young, and Fjeld/Luke Apfeld.

MoJo had better find the touch he had with Sparty, otherwise this squad really lacks an outside scorer to take the pressure off of Blakely.

HardCats (User)
You think you Hard? You ain't HardCats!
Role Player
graphgraph
Re:UVM Men's Hoops - 2009-2010 Season 4 Days, 8 Hours ago Karma: -1  
MoJo and Blakely for co captains.

ShaneBufano (User)
Bench Warmer
graphgraph
Re:UVM Men's Hoops - 2009-2010 Season 4 Days, 6 Hours ago Karma: 0  
How good is Marselis supposed to be. I know he's a guard, but could he come in here and run the point in his first year. All four of our recruits have higher ratings on scouting sites then Garvey and Jordan did (however much that means), but could he be like Trimboli and come in his first year and run the point for 4 years.

Go to top Post Reply